Wednesday, June 21, 2006

John Kennedy's Inaugural Address (Jan 20, 1961) - to German and back

In the long history of the world, only some production were granted the role of the defending liberty in its hour of the maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility -- I welcome her. I do not believe that any from us or any other production would exchange places with all possible other people. The energy, the faith, the devotion, which we get to this effort, lights up our country and all, which serve it -- and glowing of this fire can light up world.

And, my fellow Americans really in such a way: do not ask which your country for you to do can -- ask, what them for their country.

My fellow citizens of the world to do to be able: do not ask, what does America for you, but which together we can do for the liberty of the man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home